Sky Cannon is a perfect and powerful uplighting floodlight and is a brilliant solution for overheating glass problems risen usually with vertical light output. Similar up-lighting projectors require use of a special ceramic glass, particularly expensive and extremely breakable. Die cast booster mounted on the body works as a spacer between the glass and
the light source, allowing a considerable heat reduction and the use of normal safety glass for up-lighting purpose. A wide range of filters can be used with coloured light output, suitable for very
high façades. Sky Cannon is also used in sport facilities as it gives an excellent glare control.
- Body, rear cover and glass frame, in die cast aluminium, with primary alloy and low copper content with an high weather proof rating coated with silver polyester powder.
- Booster in die cast aluminium coated with black polyester powders complete of front transparent tempered glass.
- Anti-ageing gaskets in silicon rubber.
- Hot deep galvanized sheet steel fixing bracket.
- Connection box in special selfextinguish plastic material, complete with ignitor.
- Anti-vacuum device.
- Control gear box in die-cast aluminium IP 65 for class I or in thermoplastic material IP 66 for class II,may be used for the supply of the lamp.
- The mounting distances between the gear box and the body can be up to 50/70 meters, as the ignitor is fitted within the rear housing of the projector.
- Hot Restrike version for short arc lamp available on request ( for 1000 W Hot Restrike specify if it’s used for up or down lightings).
High Intensity rotational reflector
, made by optics C/1, C/2, C/3, C/4, C/5, C/6. A careful study permits excellent control of the luminous flux. An accurate reproduction of the light distribution pattern is guaranteed by the two-point fixing of the transversely positioned lamp.
Luminaire designed for indoor and outdoor applications. The projector is ENEC certified for nominal ambient working temperature of 35°C. In case not expressly indicated, we remember
that it's approved with a temperature of 25°C. The endurance test of EN 60598-1 point 12.3 has
been made at an ambient working temperature of 45°C. During the applications it's possible a temporary working at a temperature not exceeding 45°C.
Wind exposed surface with tilt 70°= 0,22 m2
MOUNTING AND REPLACEMENT
The lamp is located by opening the rear cover, the cover is opened by releasing two strong
stainless steel quick release clips. When the rear cover is opened the power is automatically
disconnected. The projector is complete with two power resistant one security resistant knife switches.For the fisrt version when the cover is opened, the power supply to lampholders
is directly interrupted. For one security resistant version it is compulsory to connect a remote control switch to the poles of the terminal block inside the connection box. When the cover is opened, the remote control switch disconnects the power supply. Lamp replacement is achieved by opening the cover housing at an angle of 110°. In case of lamp failure or at end lamp’s life, it’s absolutely necessary to open the double-pole switch and to inhibit the ignitor’s discharge up to the lamp change. THE RAINBOW SERIES
The Sky Cannon Rainbow floodlights for 1000W metal halide lamps are fitted with dichroic filters or glasses coloured with paste, available in blue, red, green and yellow.
The luminaire is intended especially for accent and effect lighting of the fronts of buildings and
monuments. The glass elements coloured with paste are tempered during the production process when powders are added and mixed to bestow the glass with the required colour. The dichroic filter is tempered glass on which ultra-thin layers of dielectric materials are applied during an highly specific and complex production process to let certain wavelengths of light pass through and colour the filter in a precise manner. Dichroic filters let through considerably more light than the glass elements coloured with paste. In certain conditions, and especially in the case of sidelighting, the Sky Cannon Rainbow floodlight with dichroic filter must be fitted with the special black-coated stainless steel screen.